Mashatu Lodge - Mashatu Game Reserve
Starting at: $730
Nightly Rates, Per Person, through December 31, 2023
- Luxury Suite – per person per night sharing: $730
- Single Supplement: $360
- Children under 12 years, sharing with full paying adults: $370
- Unlimited Bar, per person per night: $50 (Open bar for local and imported alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages)
• Conservation levy of $10 per person per night.
• All meals, snacks, teas, coffees, and one complimentary sundowner drink per afternoon game drive.
• A guided game walk and game drive or two guided game drives per night’s stay.
• Transfers between Mashatu Lodge and the Limpopo Valley Airfield and/or the Pont Drift Border Post at scheduled times.
• All beverages Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic (unless the Unlimited Bar Supplement is added)
• Telecommunication costs
• Transfers to & from the Limpopo Valley Airfield and the Pont Drift Border Post outside of specified times.
• Adventure activities
• Cable car transfers across the Limpopo River if required.
Adventure Activities – price per person:
Cycling Safaris – morning or afternoon cycle (min 2 participants): $65
Photographic Tuition and Photographic hide use – per session: $85
Horse Safari – morning or afternoon ride: $80
The Mashatu Game Reserve comprises 29,000 hectares (72000 acres) of privately owned land in the conserved wilderness area known as the Northern Tuli Game Reserve. The reserve lies in the eastern extremity of Botswana, where the great Limpopo and Shashe Rivers converge. This exceptionally diverse landscape includes wide open plains, grassland, riverine forests, rocky hills, marshland, and majestic sandstone ridges.
Beyond the traditional vehicle safaris, the stay at the Reserve features horse-back safaris, cycling safaris, and walks in the wild.
Photographic hides add an aspect to the adventure safari, which is unique and thrilling to professional photographers or lovers of wildlife. These added adventures are guaranteed to bring visitors into intimate contact with the remarkable wilderness found at Mashatu.
About the Mashatu Lodge:
Situated in the heart of Mashatu Game Reserve and in proximity to the Majale River, Mashatu Lodge is an oasis in this arid landscape. Each of the fourteen luxury suites offers a symphony of comfort and natural luxury, tastefully decorated to convey Africa’s essence. Large, spacious, air-conditioned accommodations are complemented with generous bathrooms and decks overlooking the bushveld.
This is the ideal 4-star camp for families traveling together, with all suites designed to accommodate children, with the option of interleading suites comfortably. Meals are a sumptuous celebration of traditional African cuisine – flavorsome and homely. Succulent meat dishes accompany fresh salads and vegetables, along with the famous Mashatu homemade bread and decadent desserts, appealing to guests who appreciate the cuisine at its best.